Brodies' oil & gas team has earned a formidable reputation for its extensive industry experience and for providing pragmatic, commercially astute advice tailored to the challenges and business objectives of individual clients.
The rapidly-expanding team is led by Clare Munro, a recognised expert in the sector and the only lawyer working for a Scottish firm to appear on The Lawyers magazine 2012 'Hot 100' list of the stars of the UK legal profession.
Brodies' oil & gas team comprises 14 dedicated oil and gas solicitors, all of whom have in-house experience, which has given them a deep understanding of the drivers and risk within the oil and gas sector and clients' commercial imperatives. To receive updates direct to your inbox, sign up for our dedicated oil and gas e-bulletin.
Brodies solicitors advise on all aspects of activity both in the UK Continental Shelf and internationally and our ability to provide expert advice to both upstream and service sector clients sets us apart from the crowd. In addition we are able to draw upon the expertise of Brodies colleagues to offer clients specialist advice in areas such as employment, health and safety and shipping. Examples of clients include: Awilco Drilling, Transocean and Endeavour Energy UK Ltd.
As experienced corporate solicitors we understand the impact that factors such as entering new regions, technological advances, environmental considerations and attracting new investment can have on your business. Our team advises clients from start-up and exploration through drilling and production to decommissioning.
- Acquisitions and disposals (asset or corporate)
- Joint ventures; JOAs and UUOAs
- Offshore and onshore UK licences and trust arrangements; concessions; PSCs
- Project development agreements
- Transportation, processing and construction & tie-in agreements
- Crude oil; gas and LNG sales
- FPSO contracts
- Onshore and offshore well engineering, design and construction contracts
- Drilling contracts
- Subsea construction projects
- Shipyard construction, modification and upgrade contracts for drilling units, vessels and FPSO