Brodies solicitors advise on all kinds of mergers and acquisitions involving both public and private companies. Our clients come from a broad range of industry sectors and we handle transactions including share sales and purchases and business asset sales and purchases. We provide pragmatic, commercial and strategic advice whatever the complexity of the deal.
Our experienced team also advises on all aspects of private equity transactions including management buyouts and buy-ins and public to private transactions. We act for equity providers, management teams and targets. Our full service offering ensures that all aspects of the transaction are covered from investment to exit including finance, funding arrangements, tax and employment.
- Acting for Kana Software Inc. in the purchase of the Ciboodle group from the French software group, Sword Group
- Acting in the secondary buyout of Weldex, the largest crawler crane hire company in the UK, by Dunedin Capital, at an enterprise value of more than £100 million
- Acting for Endeavour in its negotiation for the purchase of ConocoPhillips Assets (Alba, MacCulloch and Nicol) worth $330 million
- Acting for Barclays in selling a $740 million portfolio of private equity fund investments to AXA Private Equity
- Acting for Business Growth Fund on its £7.8 million investment for equity and loan notes in STATS (UK) Limited, an oil and gas pipeline services company based near Aberdeen
- Acting for Resolution Property in the share acquisition of Ocean Terminal from Forth Ports
- Acting for Co-operative Group Food Limited in relation to the purchase of David Sands Limited, operating 28 convenience stores across Fife and Perthshire
- Advising Transocean Drilling UK Limited on the Stella Field Development and $35 million sale of Challenger Minerals (North Sea)
- Acting for Teck Resources Limited, a diversified mining company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and NYSE, in relation to its investment for a minority stake in Adrok Limited
- Acting for Enterprise Rent-A-Car in their acquisition of Burnt Tree, one of the UK’s largest providers of commercial rental vehicles
- Acting for Loch Lomond Distillers in the reorganisation and sale of the 200-year-old business behind some of Scotland’s best-known whisky brands, in one of the largest M&A deals in the Scottish marketplace of 2014.
- Advising Marine Harvest on the sale of its Shetland and Orkney fish farms, with an agreed enterprise value of £122.5 million.
Brodies’ corporate & commercial team was named Legal Advisor of the Year 2014 at the Deals and Dealmakers Awards.