Our debt & asset recovery team offers a comprehensive service in all areas of commercial and consumer debt recovery with a distinct focus on the efficiency and quality of our service with careful regard to reputation protection.
We specialise in the recovery of debts, vehicles, other assets and secured properties - and understand that every day counts in the recovery process.
Our procedures are focused on effecting all recoveries as quickly as possible in order to maximise financial recovery for our clients. We represent banks, financial institutions, debt collection agencies, debt purchasers and utility companies. Brodies solicitors also act for clients in the real estate, construction and service sectors, including legal, accountancy, surveying and architectural firms.
Our market-leading systems allow us to deal with all levels and complexity of instructions quickly and efficiently. Instructions can be sent electronically and reporting is tailored to individual clients' needs.
Our services include:
- Pre-litigation collection work
- Pre-litigation meeting support
- Voluntary surrender negotiation
- Debt recovery court actions
- Vehicle and asset recovery court actions
- Satisfactory quality dispute resolution
- Secured property repossessions
- Pre-litigation protective measures
- Issuing statutory demands
- Bankruptcy and liquidation petitions
- Enforcement of judgements (Scottish & foreign)
We offer fixed fees and prepare bespoke Service Level Agreements to ensure all your needs are met and provide added value to clients through our free bespoke seminars, training, e-bulletins and general telephone advice.
Please contact us for a copy of our Debt Recovery Factsheet which addresses a number of FAQs or our Asset Recovery Guidance, which explains when court action must be pursued in Scotland.