Andrew specialises in corporate finance and investment funds work. He has extensive experience advising a diverse client base of corporates, investment managers and banks on corporate transactions; the formation and operation of investment fund structures; financial regulation and other advisory work. His expertise covers limited partnerships and other private fund vehicles, as well as London Stock Exchange quoted investment companies. Andrew has worked in-house with a major financial institution and is an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (Corporate Finance).
- advising a major financial institution on the Scots law aspects of a $740 million secondary sale of a private equity portfolio to a major European private equity firm
- advising on the reorganisation of a real estate investment group by way of capital reduction demerger
- advising a public sector pension fund on its participation in an infrastructure consortium, together with the restructuring of several direct private equity investments
- advising a leading UK manager of renewable energy and commercial forestry funds, with assets under management in excess of £500 million, on corporate and regulatory matters including FCA permissions and AIFMD compliance; advising on the formation of investment fund and joint venture vehicles
- advising CeNeS Pharmaceuticals plc on its acquisition by Frankfurt listed PAION A.G., effected by section 895 scheme of arrangement, deal value £10.9 million
- advising a FTSE 100 client on a £331 million asset backed investment vehicle set up for the purposes of funding its group pension scheme, an innovative transaction involving the use of intellectual property and real estate to provide asset backing and cash flows to the partnership – subsequently advising several other major corporates on similar structures
- structuring a core limited partnership vehicle and several SPVs for a £250 million property fund, financed by a Jersey feeder fund listed on the AIM market of the LSE