Laura specialises in liability defence disputes, acting for insurance, corporate, public sector and individual clients. As a solicitor advocate, she regularly appears in courts across Scotland in a variety of cases including defender personal injury, motor, professional negligence (including clinical negligence), health & safety and general commercial litigation. She also delivers in-house training to clients on claims defensibility, court procedure and witness familiarisation.
Laura’s recent instructions include:
- Representing the organiser of a motor sport event at a Fatal Accident Inquiry following a triple fatality.
- Successfully defending an insurer client in a four day personal injury proof (trial) in the Court of Session, Edinburgh acting as junior counsel.
- Successfully defending a social housing landlord at a three day hearing on environmental contamination in the Court of Session.
- Representing an international finance provider in a successful appeal to the Sheriff Appeal Court in a debt recovery action.
- Drafting an opinion on lease interpretation in a construction dispute.
- Drafting an opinion on jurisdiction in a breach of contract action.