UK top 50 and leading Scottish law firm Brodies LLP has advised VINCI Airports on the acquisition of the majority shareholding in Edinburgh Airport Limited – the company that owns Edinburgh Airport - for £1.27 billion*.

VINCI Airports – a global private airports operator and subsidiary of VINCI Concessions - will acquire an effective 50.01% stake in Edinburgh Airport Limited. The remaining 49.99% stake will be managed by Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), which has owned the airport since 2012.

Brodies, led by corporate partner Will McIntosh, worked alongside Paul Hastings (Europe) LLP, led by infrastructure M&A partners Jessamy Gallagher and Candice Lambeth.

The transaction is expected to reach completion in summer 2024, following the receipt of regulatory approvals.

*subject to possible adjustments prior to completion of the transaction.


Eilidh Morgan

External Communications Manager