Now the August bank holiday is over, and with September just around the corner, there is a “start of term” feeling in the air – and perhaps it is a good time to take a moment and think about your own training plan for the months ahead. To keep you up to date, Brodies have a number of seminars coming up in our Autumn programme covering a range of health & safety topics.
Details of our upcoming events are below, all delivered by colleagues with specialist knowledge of their area, to help you and your organisation learn more about your health & safety responsibilities, how to minimise your risk and protect the business – and what to do when things go wrong.
Health & Safety Breaches and Injury Claims – How to Reduce the Cost to Your Business
Your primary health & safety objective is to avoid injuries in the first place – but what about the financial implications to your business if something does happen? In this seminar, our health & safety and liability claims defence experts will:
- discuss how indemnity and hold harmless clauses in contracts operate;
- provide some examples of these clauses not working in practice;
- consider where there may be gaps in your insurance cover; and
- look at other ways your business or organisation can drive down the cost of health & safety breaches and injury claims.
Edinburgh: Wednesday 30 October 2019, 08.30am – Book Now
Aberdeen: Wednesday 6 November 2019, 12.30pm – Book Now
Glasgow: Thursday 7 November 2019, 08.30am – Book Now
Health & Safety: Charities and the Third Sector
Health and safety obligations apply to a wide range of organisations – and, as prosecutions and fines for health and safety breaches continue to rise, organisations in the charities and third sector need to be prepared. So what are your responsibilities and what could happen if there is a health and safety incident? In this seminar we will:
- explain the health and safety responsibilities of the organisation, office bearers and senior staff;
- explain the civil and criminal legal processes which can follow a health and safety incident;
- provide an update on prosecution trends and potential penalties;
- discuss what you need to consider pre- and post-incident to effectively deal with a health and safety breach.
Glasgow: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 12.30pm – Book Now
Edinburgh: Wednesday 27 November 2019, 08.30am – Book Now
Keeping the Business and Personal Boat Afloat
Colleagues in Aberdeen will present a seminar discussing risk control in fishing and how to proactively plan for the unexpected. The seminar will cover:
- the life rafts you need in case of the death of a business owner – saving the business from tax claims or claims by the family;
- the contingency planning around key areas such as the identification of matrimonial property, transfer of assets and valuation of assets. The benefits of pre-nuptial agreements as well as common cohabitation issues;
- key points in partnership and corporate law;
- how to avoid getting snagged with ILO 188 – update on what is next and the key steps to make it plain sailing.
Aberdeen: Tuesday 19 November 2019, 08.00am – Book Now
On August 27, 2019