With continued uncertainty over whether the UK will leave the EU without a deal, we’ve updated our data protection and no deal checklist.
The checklist summarises the key issues for controllers and processors in the UK and elsewhere in the EU, including:
- Changes to UK data protection law
- The impact on data transfers between the UK and the EU following a no deal Brexit
- The impact on data transfers from the UK to other parts of the world, including to the USA under Privacy Shield
- The requirement for organisations in the UK to appoint a representative in the EU (and vice versa)
- The impact on record keeping obligations, including an organisation’s register of processing activities, privacy notices and internal policies and procedures
You can download the updated checklist from our Brexit Hub.
If you would like to discuss how a no deal Brexit might impact on your organisation’s use of personal data, please get in touch.
On September 6, 2019