As LinkedIn reminded me, my two year anniversary at Brodies has arrived (time flies!). It caused me to pause for thought and think about the work I’ve been involved since joining the Planning team at Brodies. The list is incredible (well, I think so anyway!):
- drafting Section 75s (planning obligations), applying to modify/ discharge Section 75s and appeals against refusals to discharge Section 75s
- all manner of development management queries, including queries on varying applications for planning permission, owner / neighbour notification, Grampian conditions, time conditions, occupancy restrictions, siting of caravans and schemes of delegation
- a housing appeal
- judicial review of planning decision taken by officer without authority (which was successfully reduced)
- legal audits of environmental statements (EIAs)
- considering prospects of success for appeals of various sorts
- advice on stopping up orders and traffic regulation orders, breaches of planning control (planning and listed buildings
- compulsory purchase orders – for acquiring authorities and objectors (including the CPO for the new link road into Gleneagles railway station)
- objections to planning applications and supporting statements for planning applications (including householder development and a shellfish farm)
- planning due diligence for shopping centres, wind farms and fish farms
- marine fish farming (a particular highlight was working on the divestment by Marine Harvest of its integrated farming operations on the Shetland and Orkney Islands to Cooke Aquaculture last year!).
And so the list could go on… I’ve also delivered seminars on: flood protection, roads, effective decision making for public authorities, fairness in planning, planning law updates, planning for a sports stadium, tips for housebuilders, and utilities, compulsory purchase and compensation.
An incredibly varied couple of years to say the least!
Just goes to show that Brodies’ Planning team can assist with all manner of planning matters – get in touch if we can help you.
On February 25, 2015