The long awaited first round of Offshore Wind in Scotland launched by the Crown Estate Scotland is now a matter of a few weeks away.
All developers interested need to make sure they have the key dates diarised.
The Crown Estate Scotland’s current timetable for Offshore Wind is:
- October 2019 – ScotWind Leasing launch
- November 2019 – Registrations
- February 2020 – April 2020 – Deadline for ScotWind Leasing applications
- May 2020 – July 2020 – Decision taken on which applications are successful
Key Tips on Registration Process
- November 2019 – registration by developers with Crown Estate for all potential off shore wind projects.
- Key points on registration process
- Registration form should be available on Crown Estate website.
- Information needed for Registration Forms:
- Unique code name for your intended project
- Contact details – main contact – individual and company details including email and telephone contact details.
- Points to note on registration process
- One registration form per project otherwise you will invalidate the registration
- You may register for as many projects as you wish however there will be a limit on the number of Option Agreements awarded to any one organisation.
- Make sure the party who completes the registration form also completes the application form or it will invalidate the application.
There are various requirements when completing the application form and further blogs will deal with this and other interesting aspects of the Offshore Wind process.
On September 16, 2019