First impressions are everything in your career, so make sure you get off to a good start in the NQ application process by following our top tips.
1) Consider your key achievements and highlight your strengths and transferable skills. Make sure you answer the question “Why am I applying for this role?”
2) Research the role, practice area and clients the team acts for to ensure you can tailor your application
3) A great covering letter really showcases your application –highlight why you want this role, how your skills and experience are a good match, and why you want to work for Brodies. A covering letter is less rigid than a CV and far more personable than an application form so it gives you an opportunity to connect with the hiring manager. A covering letter should be no more than a page in length.
4) Make your CV stand out from the crowd for all the right reasons. Use a plain, easy to read font; minimal formatting is recommended. Simple bullet points concisely highlight your achievements. Outline your traineeship in relevant order to the role you are applying for and keep the length of your CV to two pages.
5) Remember to check and double check spelling and grammar in your application – it demonstrates attention to detail.
If you would like to find out more about the NQ roles we have at Brodies, please contact a member of the HR team who will be happy to provide further information.
On April 5, 2019