In my role as senior sponsor of inclusion and diversity, I am inspired every day by our colleagues' stories and ideas.Iain Rutherford, Partner
- Go for a run then take the kids to school
- Do an hour's work at home - catch up on emails and plan for the day ahead
- Drive into the office
- Have a video call with client in a collaborative space
- Lunch with a client or intermediary
- Record a podcast
- Attend a strategic board meeting to help drive forward implementation of the firm's strategic plan
Why did you choose to become a Litigation lawyer?
I wanted variety and a career that allows me to problem solve. No two days or weeks are the same, which keeps it exciting, and I am always learning.
What three things can you not live without to do your job?
- My team and fellow partners - the collaboration is great
- Running - it gives me head space
What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most, and why?
The big picture and strategic planning angle of my role. Looking at where we want to get to and how we are going to get there. And in my role as senior sponsor of inclusion and diversity, I am inspired every day by our colleague's stories and ideas.
What's your top tip for someone keen to pursue a similar career?
Try and find something that you enjoy doing and are passionate about - working with people, collaborating on projects and communicating with others are important to me.
Interested in a career in Litigation?
Find out more about the largest disputes & litigation practice based in Scotland, and meet the team.Learn more
Find out more about inclusion & diversity at Brodies
We value and respect all colleagues as individuals, visit our inclusion & diversity page to find out more.Find out more
Ready to take the next step in your legal journey?
Our traineeships equip you with valuable time and experience to develop your skills as a lawyer and a trusted business advisor.Find out more