The court action was raised in Scotland by the child's mother in 2020, with father client residing in France. The mother sought residence of the child in Scotland while the father counter-craved for residence with a specific issue order for relocation of the child from Scotland to France.
- Advising on complex competing jurisdictions
- Advising on complex competing residence and contact claims
- Advising on allegations of child abuse
- Negotiating cross-jurisdictional contact arrangements
- Instruction of child welfare report
- 15 days of evidence heard before Scottish Sheriff Court on hybrid basis (some days in person / some days over WebEx)
- Instruction of interpreters and translators
- Liaising with French advocates
The circumstances of this case involved issues relating to Covid-19 restrictions, Brexit and complex cross-jurisdictional claims for divorce, residence, contact and relocation. Our highly skilled family law team conducted a 15-day proof over a period of nine months and were successful in obtaining substantial orders for contact.