Ireland's €1 billion public-private partnership (PPP) programme is a part of its €116 billion Project Ireland 2040 Infrastructure Plan.
Projects currently in procurement or scheduled to come to the market include:
- The first PPP programme for the construction of social housing in Ireland and the first in Europe. The project will be delivered in three bundles with a total project value of €300 million. These three projects will deliver 1,500 new housing units across the country pursuant to 25-year PPP contracts.
- The Health Service Executive Community Nursing Units PPP. Delivered jointly by the Health and Safety Executive and the National Development Finance Agency. With a capital value of €150 million, the project will be delivered in nine locations with each housing 50-130 beds.
- A c.€300 investment in the Higher Education PPP programme which will include 11 institutes of technology in locations spanning the country and will focus on STEM, ICT, Engineering and Life Sciences.
- These were Brodies' first instructions to act on bids in the Irish PPP market. The appointments were made based on the track record and expertise of our infrastructure lawyers who have acted on PPP deals in Ireland for over a decade.
- We are advising on the full range of project and funding documentation from procurement through to preferred bidder.