Edinburgh International Business Gateway is a key strategic development site adjacent to Edinburgh Airport.
A planning application for Phase 1 was submitted in 2015 for 122,158sqm of offices, 1150 hotel rooms, 396 residential units, and 5510sqm of retail and leisure facilities. We are advising the promoters, Murray Estates, New Ingliston and FSH.
- Unlocking the site involved working with the multi-disciplinary professional team to identify a legal and policy compliant package of infrastructure improvements valued at £8.4M.
- Strenuous objections by Edinburgh Airport were addressed.
- Following positive recommendations from planning and transport officials, the City of Edinburgh Council decided it was minded to grant planning permission.
- The Scottish Ministers called-in the planning application for their decision, for further consideration of transport impacts because of the national importance of the West Edinburgh area.
- Detailed planning and transportation evidence was presented at hearings held in February 2020 by the appointed Scottish Government reporter.
If the Scottish Ministers agree with the Council that permission should be granted, a section 75 planning agreement will need to be prepared before the planning permission will be issued.