We acted for an international IT and consultancy service company in a range of disputes with its subcontractor in relation to contracts with three end clients. The primary dispute was the subject of multi-million pound Court of Session proceedings.
We also advised the company in terms of its contractual obligations and contractual dispute resolution process in other disputes which had arisen with the same subcontractor in relation to other IT contracts.
The primary dispute lead to three interim judgments concerning:
- An application for interim specific implement.
- The interpretation of a contractual clause.
- Whether there had been a breach of obligations in performance of the contract.
The final matter determined following a four-week proof.
Due to the nature of the action, we worked to review and produce thousands of documents. The action also involved working with numerous witnesses, each of whom we worked with to produce witness statements and ingather evidence.
- Represented the client in a multi-million-pound Court of Session action, spanning several years.
- Managed a large-scale litigation project.
- Worked closely with witnesses across the country to take statements and ingather evidence.
This case highlights our ability to work effectively on large, long running disputes, to analyse thousands of pieces of evidence and work closely with an informed and sophisticated in-house legal team. It also evidences our ability to make use of both traditional litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and advise the client on their best options in the circumstances.