We provide urgent support to UK and international client organisations to help them manage allegations of bribery and corruption when they arise. Usually, but not always, the allegation of wrongdoing relates to activity of a group company in an overseas jurisdiction.
We are instructed by clients in these cases because we are recognised as experts in the law of fraud, bribery and corruption, and known to have the practical skills necessary to investigate allegations of this nature.
- We agree the scope of investigation with our client at the outset.
- We will engage with the relevant authorities early, to advise of our instruction and agree that we will conduct an independent investigation into the allegations of concern.
- We conduct independent investigations, including recovery of evidence and interviewing witnesses.
- Confidential and legally privileged advice will be provided to our client during and at the conclusion of our investigation.
- On our client's instructions we will make a report to the authorities with a view to protecting against the risk of prosecution and instead repaying any benefit obtained from the unlawful conduct.
- Engaging with the relevant authorities to pause enforcement action pending the outcome of our investigations enables us to conduct a thorough investigation while enabling business as usual for our clients.
- Providing ongoing communication and advice during our investigation helps to reassure our clients and enables client leadership teams to focus on running their businesses. During this period, we can also advise clients on how to manage communications with third parties and the media.
- Our support not only manages the risk of prosecution and other enforcement action but also enables us to provide positive advice on the changes our clients can make to protect and improve their organisations in future.
- Our management and communication skills protect client reputations during challenging times.