We can help you take care of any cyber incident or data breach and can also help you plan to avoid future issues.
Brodies give you access to our multi-disciplinary experts, drawn from across the firm.
Together our experts have a wealth of experience covering the full range of cyber risk issues, with breadth and depth of expertise. We work closely with other experts, including cyber forensic consultants and reputation management firms.
We have experience dealing with a wider variety of cyber incidents, including ransomware attacks and insider threats, and coordinating international support to global incidents, working with leading counsel around the world.
Our lawyers are ranked by Chambers and Partners across all key disciplines, including Data Protection and Information Law, Defamation and Reputation Management, Intellectual Property, Information Technology, Dispute Resolution, Insurance, and Business Crime. Our litigation team advise on litigation across the UK and have experience advising clients on the defence and management of large volumes of consumer claims and class actions.
Brodies are impressive in their ability to articulate complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.Chambers UK 2024
Brodies are very fast and responsive.Chambers UK 2024
Brodies went above and beyond in precarious public matters to ensure my best interests were served at all times and displayed a great amount of consideration to the stressful circumstances.Chambers UK 2024
Cyber key highlights
- Member of the Cyber & Fraud Centre Scotland Incident Response Cadre.
- Top Ranked Chambers UK 2024 in Litigation, Professional Negligence, Data Protection & Information Law, Defamation/reputation management, Media & Entertainment, and Financial Crime.
- Top Ranked Legal 500 UK 2024 in Commercial Litigation, Professional Negligence, IT and Telecoms, Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment, and Crime: Fraud.
- Advised an independent energy supplier on its response to a cyber incident affecting a database relating to 100,000s of customers. We coordinated input from external IT forensic experts, advised on ICO notifications and communications, and reputation management.
- Advised a global media business on the UK aspects of a cyber attack on an eCommerce website.
- Advised a supplier in the defence sector on a cyber attack that potentially compromised sensitive information.
Data Protection & ePrivacy
This hub brings together commentary and handy guides developed by our leading IP, Technology and Data team on key issues under the GDPR, data protection law and ePrivacy.Find out more