Our expert lawyers regularly act for owners, operators and lenders in transactions including acquisitions and disposals, management and franchise agreements, land-use and planning, financings, and operational matters and disputes. We have particularly strong experience with branded residential and other mixed-use schemes.
Clients turn to us for our in-depth knowledge of the hotel industry as well as our legal expertise; our lawyers have closed hotel transactions in more than 75 countries.
With experience advising participants from all sides in the hotel market, the Brodies team focus on commercial solutions that steer complex deals across the line, often within challenging timing constraints.
Our clients include Accor Hotels, Kempinski Hotels & Resorts, sbe Entertainment, ClubMed SA, as well as international investors and private equity houses who focus on the hotels sector.
Hotels key highlights
- Acting for a Hong Kong investor in the acquisition of the Fairmont St Andrews.
- Acting for Accor Hotels in more than 125 management agreement negotiations in the Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, including such landmarks as the Clock Tower Raffles and Fairmont hotels in Makkah and the Raffles Royal Monceau in Paris.
- Advising the Owner of London's Admiralty Arch in connection with management agreement negotiations with Waldorf Astoria during Admiralty Arch's transformation into a luxury hotel.
- Representing our client in the negotiation of a joint venture with Sir Richard Branson to develop a safari lodge in Kenya, and in management agreement negotiations with Virgin Hotels.
- Acting for Graduate Hotels in relation to their acquisition of the iconic Russacks Hotel in St Andrews and the Marine in North Berwick.
Brodies is a sophisticated firm with strong transactional and litigation teams. Its lawyers have substantial expertise in handling complex and sophisticated matters involving the hospitality industry.Chambers UK 2024
The team provided solid, proactive negotiating positions and strategy.Chambers UK 2024
The group has extensive know-how, many years of experience and they always try to achieve the best possible solution for their clients.Chambers UK 2024