With expertise across the full range of corporate matters, our M&A lawyers provide specialist knowledge to a growing Scottish, UK and international client base. Whether that is part of a transaction, or as a sounding board for day-to-day issues, we generate value.
As well as a wealth of experience advising on the most complex strategic projects, we also work on deals for multinationals, PE funds, SMEs, fast growing companies and owner managed businesses. Whether your business is public or private, we understand the challenges of M&A deals. We advise on genuine 'firsts' and landmark transactions for some of the biggest names in the UK and beyond, as well as regularly transacting local SME deals. We tailor our services and our fees to suit.
Brodies' expertise extends beyond the legal; the team is highly adept in financial and business matters.Chambers UK 2024
A leading UK corporate team, as well as one of the largest dedicated M&A teams in Scotland with 40+ lawyers, including 11 partners, leading transactions from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow. Our team's performance is recognised at the annual Deal & Dealmakers awards: Legal Advisor of the Year, recognising the exceptional skills of lawyers involved in deals, in particular their innovative approach and ability to resolve complicated issues. We are the current award winners and have been winners or finalists from 2014 to 2023. The group is also recognised by Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK as a top tier ranked practice, with an additional 11 individual rankings.
Our M&A team advises clients across a broad range of sectors including oil and gas, renewables, transport, infrastructure, food and drink, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, real estate and many others. We understand regulatory frameworks and the impact on transactions of the key issues that affect your business. This in-depth sector knowledge allows us to add real value to the M&A process.
Brodies has a strong bench of specialists who are readily available and quick to understand our needs.Chambers UK 2024
Their communication is great and you always get good access to the team.Chambers UK 2024
The team at Brodies have excellent, up-to-date market knowledge and awareness. We always feel like a highly regarded and prioritised client.Chambers UK 2023
Brodies has experienced partners that can guide issues to targeted outcomesChambers UK 2023
The service level and responsiveness is always strong from Brodies. There is a decent depth and breadth across the team.Chambers UK 2023
We draw on the expertise of specialists from across our firm. We work in close collaboration with our tax, real estate, employment, banking, pensions, IP/IT and other colleagues to deliver a complete service to our clients. And importantly, while operating as one firm, we have strength and depth in each of our offices which allows us to keep fully appraised of market conditions and increase our sector focus.
Mergers & Acquisitions key highlights
- Delivered deals to Scottish, UK and international clients valued in excess of £40 billion in the last three years, including some of the highest value / profile deals in Scotland.
- Legal Advisor of the Year: Deals & Dealmakers Awards - we are the current award winners and have been winners or finalists from 2014 to 2023.
- Acting in the $1.6bn sale of Episerver Group for Accel KKR to Insight Venture Partners
- Acted for DC Thomson in the acquisition of two Scottish commercial radio stations and in the acquisition of PSP Media.
- Acted for Lalique Group SA on its acquisition of The Glenturret Distillery, the world's oldest working single malt Scotch whisky distillery.
- Acted for shareholders of Paterson Arran Limited in the sale to Burton's Biscuits.
- Acting for Highland Hospitality Group Limited in the acquisition of St Andrew's Bay Development Limited, owner of the Fairmont Hotel, St. Andrews.
- Acted for Care Homes (Scotland) Limited in the sale of Clachan of Campsie Care Home to Care Concern.