Protecting your personal and commercial reputation and brand has never been more important. Risks to reputation often arise with little warning and demand an immediate response. They also demand strategic, balanced advice to ensure that any action taken does not make the problem worse.
Our reputation management experts are available 24/7 to support clients with all aspects of reputation and brand protection, including crisis management.
We support clients in preventing publication of damaging material in traditional and social media and in achieving 'take down' of defamatory material published online.
We know that protection of confidential commercial information is of crucial importance to many clients and we advise on confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements and on actual or threatened breaches of confidentiality.
Brodies went above and beyond in precarious public matters to ensure my best interests were served at all times, and displayed a great amount of consideration to the stressful circumstances.Chambers UK 2024
Brodies were extremely capable and got to the bottom of the main issues in the matter very quickly. They were swift and extremely efficient.Chambers UK 2024
Our data protection specialists are regularly involved in helping clients manage data security incidents, including investigating breaches (often with the support of specialist cyber security consultants), containing potential damage and notifying the Information Commissioner and affected customers and clients.
Where there is a threat of criminal investigation, prosecution or conviction our corporate crime team is on hand to provide support and guidance.
Reputation Management key highlights
- Ranked in Band 1 by Chambers & Partners and in Tier 1 by Legal 500 for Media and Entertainment
- Providing pre-publication advice on defamation, privacy law and contempt to a range of media organisations.
- Advising commercial and public sector clients on investigations by the Information Commissioner's Office on data protection compliance.
- Advising public figures about content published in print and on social media, including on proactive steps to protect their reputation.
- Preventing publication by national media of highly sensitive, private information.
- Clients include BBC Scotland, Channel 4 and DC Thomson.