In case you haven't already spotted it, on 6 August 2019 Revenue Scotland made a number of helpful changes to the new LBTT online system, including the following:
- 'Return to Summary' button- there is now a button which takes you straight back into the draft return rather than having to find the return again.
- Relevant Date/Effective Date are now both included on the return summary page - the summary page for a draft return now shows both the relevant date and the effective date.
- Submission Receipt now includes the property details (but still has to be downloaded/saved when the return is submitted, not afterwards) - the submission receipt now includes all the necessary information, ie Transaction reference, Title number, Property address, Tenant and Description of transaction. Please note: currently the submission receipt is ONLY available immediately after the return is submitted and HAS to be downloaded/saved then. It cannot be downloaded from the system later.
- Returns are now listed with the most recent at the top- draft and submitted returns are now listed in reverse chronological order (most recent at the top).
- Lease Returns: £0 can now be entered where the rent value is 'nil'- an amount of £0 can now be entered by a user where the rent is nil.
More details are set out in the Revenue Scotland Service Design Circular.