The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme went live on 20 April 2020: employers are now able to claim for the reimbursement of a proportion of furloughed employees' wages from HMRC.
We have made our dedicated Coronavirus pages on Workbox (our online HR and employment law site) free to view, regardless of whether you are a current Workbox user. The Job Retention Scheme page covers a wide range of FAQs including:
- How do we apply for a grant under the scheme?
- Do we need to document the furlough arrangement in writing?
- What period can we claim the grant in respect of?
- Which workers are covered by the scheme?
- What about employees who are self-isolating or on sick leave?
- Can an employee start working for another employer while on furlough?
- How much will be reimbursed and what does it cover?
- How do we calculate wage costs for employees with variable pay?
- Who will pay for the cost of benefits during furlough?
- What is the minimum period of furlough? Can employees be furloughed on a rotating basis?
- Can furloughed employees do any work for us, even on a temporary basis? What about training?
- What about holidays?
You can access all of our Coronavirus FAQs via the links below:
If you have any queries, or would like a free trial of the entire Workbox site, please get in touch with your usual Brodies contact.