With continued uncertainty over whether the UK will leave the EU without a deal, we've updated our data protection and no deal checklist.
The checklist summarises the key issues for controllers and processors in the UK and elsewhere in the EU, including:
- Changes to UK data protection law
- The impact on data transfers between the UK and the EU following a no deal Brexit
- The impact on data transfers from the UK to other parts of the world, including to the USA under Privacy Shield
- The requirement for organisations in the UK to appoint a representative in the EU (and vice versa)
- The impact on record keeping obligations, including an organisation's register of processing activities, privacy notices and internal policies and procedures
If you would like to discuss how a no deal Brexit might impact on your organisation's use of personal data, please get in touch.