The UK has decided to leave the European Union. So what happens now?
This builds on the work Brodies did in the lead-up to the referendum, considering and advising clients on the raft of legal, political and commercial issues raised by the prospect of Brexit, particularly those specific to Scotland. With Scotland's leading EU and constitutional law team, we are uniquely placed to help clients in the private, public and third sectors understand and address the many questions arising from this morning's announcement.
- the process and timetable for leaving the EU - read more;
- the effect of Brexit on UK and Scots law and regulation - read more;
- the potential models for a new UK-EU trading relationships - read more;
- the possible relationship between a Leave vote and the prospect of another Scottish independence referendum - read more;
- what Brexit could mean in areas including IP, commercial contracts and data protection, fishing, renewables, financial services and employment law.
We are ready and willing to help you navigate the key issues, assess what Brexit will mean for you and formulate an appropriate strategy.
In the meantime, we will be posting regular updates here as the issues develop over the coming weeks and months. To make sure you don't miss any, please do click the subscribe button to the right to receive an email alert when anything new goes up.