Ally is an associate in our commercial practice, specialising in matters relating to intellectual property, technology and outsourcing, commercial contracts and data protection. Ally has advised clients in a variety of different sectors, including retail and hospitality, life sciences, financial services / FinTech and energy.
His practice is wide and varied and he works with his clients on everything from complex IT services and framework agreements through to supply contracts and IP licensing agreements.
Ally also has a wealth of experience advising both buyers and sellers on corporate transactions from an IP, IT and data protection perspective. Ally combines his excellent organisational and project management skills with a positive attitude to deliver the best outcomes for his clients.
Living Brodies' values
Ally quickly gains the trust and respect from clients due to his friendly, collaborative and organised approach.
- Ally previously tutored at the University of Edinburgh on its International and European Media Law LLM course.
- Ally is a member of the Law Society of Scotland's Technology Law and Practice Committee and is also a registered Notary Public.
- Recommended as a Key Lawyer in IT & Telecoms by Legal 500 UK 2023.
- Ranked by Managing IP as a Rising Star for Intellectual Property in Scotland in both the 2022 and 2023 editions of IP Stars.
- Ally was shortlisted by one of the UK's largest supermarket retailers as its external lawyer of the year in 2022.