Clare has worked in the Oil & Gas sector for over 23 years, both in-house and in private practice. She specialises in the UKCS but has worked on projects in China, Indonesia, the Netherlands and Norway as well as onshore projects in the UK.
Clare advises clients on all aspects of upstream work with particular expertise in M&A and project development work, and acts for a range of oil & gas clients from SMEs through to supermajors.
Living Brodies' values
Clare develops strong, collaborative relationships with clients and provides pragmatic advice to deliver results.
- Draws on in-house experience which gives her valuable insight into the clients' perspective.
- Heads up Brodies' team of over 40 Energy & Infrastructure specialists.
- Has worked on Oil & Gas projects which won the OGUK MERUK awards in both 2018 and 2019.
- A key contributor to Brodies' membership of the Energy Law Group.
- Ranked as a Band 1 individual in Chambers UK 2024.
- Ranked by Legal 500 UK 2024 as a "Leading Individual" for Oil & Gas.
"Clare is a sound, robust lawyer. She's absolutely excellent."Chambers UK 2024
"Clare has a deep understanding of the law but also the technical aspects of the sector itself."Chambers UK 2024
"Part of what distinguishes Brodies LLP from other law firms with capabilities in this sector, is a suite of practitioners under the experienced stewardship of Clare Munro."Legal 500 UK 2023
“Clare is an exceptional lawyer who always provides responsive, commercial and pragmatic advice and strives to ensure those working with her do the same.”Chambers UK 2023