Fehmida is an experienced litigator acting on behalf of insurance and commercial entities dealing with a wide range of disputes raised in both the Sheriff Court and the Court of Session, including litigation in the Commercial Court Division.
She is instructed by insurers, self-insured businesses and public bodies in defending claims in the marine, road, rail and aviation sectors, and often in matters with cross-jurisdictional elements. She specialises in defending personal injury claims, including large loss and catastrophic personal injury claims for major insurers and self-insured clients. Fehmida also has counter-fraud experience with an interest in identifying and defending suspected fraudulent insurance claims
Living Brodies' values
Fehmida values the importance of collaborating with and listening to clients and colleagues, to get the best outcome and to strengthen relationships.
- Law Society of Scotland Certified Specialist in Trauma-Informed Practice.
- A mentor for the Law Society of Scotland.
- A regular contributor to Brodies’ Health & Safety blog.
- Ranked as an Associate to Watch for Shipping in Chambers UK 2024.
- Ranked as a 'Rising Star' for Transport in Legal 500 UK 2024.
"Fehmida is professional in her service and very diligent in the advice she provides."Chambers UK 2024