Grant is a highly experienced commercial lawyer of over 30 years' standing and is head of the commercial practice at Brodies. He is recognised as a specialist in outsourcing, technology, IP and information law and combines his wealth of experience with strong communication skills and a proactive and pragmatic approach.
Both an advisory and transactional lawyer, Grant acts for clients in drafting and negotiating contracts for major outsourcing and technology deals (representing both customers and suppliers) and also advises on data protection projects, involving data sharing, data structuring, international transfers and cyber issues.
Grant works with major clients in a variety of sectors including manufacturing and engineering, aviation and space, energy, oil and gas and transport servicing their activities in the UK and abroad. Grant has a particularly deep knowledge of the facilities management sector where he acts for a number of clients and acts as principal advisor to his clients in major deals both here in the UK and in the US.
Living Brodies' values
Grant delivers best outcomes for clients by building strong relationships based on good communication skills and an approach that is collaborative, holistic, open and friendly.
- Member of the Law Society of Scotland accreditation panel for the specialism of data protection and freedom of information.
- Member (and previous Chairman) of the Council of ADS Scotland, the aviation, defence and space trade body.
- Led the team that developed BOrganised, the firm's groundbreaking contract management service.
- Ranked Band 1 by Chambers UK 2024 for Information Technology work, and ranked for Intellectual Property work in Scotland.
- Ranked Band 1 on a UK wide basis by Chambers UK 2024 for Data Protection and Information law.
- Legal 500 UK 2023 recommends Grant for Intellectual Property.
- Described by World Trademark Review 1000 as "the man with all the transactional answers."
- Recognised as a Transactions Star in Scotland by IP Stars 2022.
For commercial contracts and data issues related to our sports loyalty business, we use Grant Campbell. His advice is pragmatic, commercial and very user-friendly.Legal 500 UK 2024
Grant is an excellent, pragmatic and personable lawyer. His advice is grounded and useful, taking complex subjects and making these clear and concise.Chambers UK 2023
One of the best, most approachable, well-informed, and available partners I’ve worked with globally.Chambers UK 2023
Grant is patient, knowledgeable and reliable, giving good, strong advice. Grant always responds in terms that are easy for our organisation to follow and implement.Chambers UK 2023