Jane is an Accredited Specialist in Construction Law by the Law Society of Scotland and has over 15 years’ experience in providing advice on all types of construction, infrastructure and engineering projects. She is dual qualified in Scotland and England & Wales.
Jane has extensive experience of advising clients on project-wide and strategic issues and acts for a mix of developers, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and funders. She is adept at managing very large and complex, multi-party, fast paced transactions dealing with the interests of a variety of stakeholders, coordinating teams and meeting tight deadlines. She advises on all types of standard form contract including JCT/ SBCC, NEC, IChemE and FIDIC on a range of projects for build contracts, EPC contracts, consultant appointments and facilities management contracts.
Jane is highly regarded among peers, clients and across the industry as a very astute and commercial lawyer. She has advised on a number of high value projects of national significance over the years such as the Redevelopment of the Burrell Collection in Glasgow, the V&A at Dundee and the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
Living Brodies' values
Jane is a real team player with a collaborative and very commercial approach. She knows what it takes to manage a project over the line.
- A regular speaker at industry events, often presenting on current trends and topics in construction projects.
- Draws on experience gained whilst working in-house at an international engineering firm through a part time secondment.
- Partner representative on the firm's social committee to encourage strengthening of relationships across the firm.
- Recognised as a 'Leading Individual' by Legal 500 UK 2024 in Construction.
- Ranked by Chambers UK 2024 in Construction.
She is able to explain and really support me in understanding why things are done in a certain way. I have been really happy with Jane and her team.Chambers UK 2024
Jane McMonagle is fantastic. She understands the real issues that matter to us and explains everything simply, clearly and refers to what a particular change means for us.Legal 500 UK 2022
We’ve valued Jane McMonagle’s in-depth knowledge and ability, and her awareness of the particular pressures facing local authority clients.Legal 500 UK 2022