With more than twenty years’ experience of advising on the tax aspects and structuring of corporate mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint venture arrangements and reorganisations, Karen has led the tax advice on a number of large high profile corporate transactions in Scotland.
She also has deep expertise on the design, implementation and transaction implications of employee share incentive arrangements in both the private and listed companies and advises on employment tax issues such as IR35.
Karen also advises provides structuring advice in relation to real estate transactions.
Living Brodies' values
Karen's pragmatic and collaborative approach to problem solving and her approachable nature is appreciated by clients and colleagues.
- Extensive experience at a senior level in a 'Big 4' tax practice.
- Regular speaker at professional tax events including CIOT and local tax network events.
- A keen commentator on tax on Brodies Corporate Tax & Incentives Twitter.
- Ranked in Band 1 for Employee Share Schemes & Incentives by Chambers UK 2024.
- Recognised as a 'Leading Individual' for Corporate Tax by Legal 500 UK 2024.
- Ranked in Band 3 for Tax in Chambers UK 2024.
Karen is responsive, thoughtful and timely. Her advice was practical and easy to execute on.Chambers UK 2024
Karen provides clear and accurate with advice whilst showing awareness of commercial issues.Chambers UK 2024
"We work primarily with Karen Davidson. She is a strong all round tax lawyer, with a particular strength in employment taxes. She is responsive and a very strong technical lawyer who is a pleasure to work with."Legal 500 UK 2023