Ken is one of Aberdeen's most respected business dispute lawyers with over 25 years' experience of advising both UK and international clients and representing their interests in commercial disputes. He leads Brodies' International Arbitration practice.
He has a remarkable depth of expertise in dealing with real estate, commercial and contractual disputes with particular focus in both the Oil & Gas and the Property development sectors.
Ken's approach is to seek effective ways to avoid or resolve conflicts efficiently. He is a keen proponent of mediation in addition to litigation and arbitration (both domestic and international). Ken is qualified in both English and Scottish law.
Living Brodies' values
Ken is approachable, knowledgeable and grasps issues quickly whilst using a collaborative approach with both clients and colleagues.
- As Brodies' Client Relations Partner, Ken supports colleagues to manage any relationship issues, guiding the parties towards their speedy and effective resolution.
- President of the Society of Advocates in Aberdeen.
- Tutor in International Arbitration at The University of Aberdeen since 2015.
- Attained the Diploma in International Dispute Resolution (Arbitration) with merit at The Queen Mary University of London in 2017.
- Ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500 UK 2020 for Commercial Litigation.
- Ranked in Tier 1 by Legal 500 UK 2020 for Property Litigation.
Ken MacDonald is approachable, knowledgeable and grasps issues quickly.Legal 500 UK 2020
Ken MacDonald is a seasoned litigator with a remarkable depth of expertise in the oil and gas sector. He provides commercially focused advice with the breadth and depth of knowledge to deliver solutions that meet our legal needs.‘Legal 500 UK 2021
Ken MacDonald is a seasoned litigator with a remarkable depth of expertise in the oil and gas sector.Legal 500 UK 2020