Manus is a partner in the contentious construction team and has been with Brodies since 2006. He has extensive experience in resolving construction disputes utilising the formal processes of litigation, arbitration or adjudication, or through alternative dispute resolution, particularly mediation.
Manus first qualified as a solicitor in Bristol before moving to Scotland, and still represents clients in disputes across the UK.
Over the years Manus has been involved in resolving disputes relating to many of the major infrastructure projects in Scotland.
He is also an expert in insurance law and has managed many large professional indemnity claims, including the successful defence of a £52M claim relating to alleged defective design.
Clients commend Manus for his ability to quickly grasp complex legal and technical issues in projects and communicate his advice on merits and strategy in a way that can be understood by clients.
Living Brodies' values
Manus works collaboratively to achieve his clients' objectives and delivers clear advice in a friendly and positive manner.
- Has been a committee member of the Association for Consulting and Engineering since 2010.
- A member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers' Construction Subgroup.
- Manus also devotes a lot of time to delivering construction training to clients on a wide range of topics.
- Global Leader for Construction and Professional Negligence in Who's Who Legal.
- Ranked by Legal 500 2024 as a Leading Individual – Construction.
- Ranked individual in Construction by Chambers UK 2024.
'Manus Quigg is a capable, experienced lawyer who provides good-quality work.'Chambers UK 2024
'He is the most strategic brain in the market as far as I am concerned.'Chambers UK 2024
'Manus is tenacious and fights very hard for his clients.'Chambers UK 2023