Mark heads up the firm's Personal and Family Practice area. His principal areas of practice include succession planning, asset protection, trusts, executries and personal tax planning. Mark acts for a broad range of individual clients and trustees, including some of the wealthiest families in the country. They rely on him for his practical and technical advice and appreciate his ability to clearly communicate complex legal and tax matters.
With 25 years of experience, Mark is very much a private client specialist. He believes that it is necessary to advise clients with an overall understanding of their unique objectives, assets, business interests and family relationships. Mark is based in the firm's Aberdeen and Inverness office, although he is often spotted in all corners of the country, meeting clients or speaking at conferences.
Living Brodies' values
Clients commend Mark's understanding of their objectives and his care in delivering clear and practical advice on how best to achieve them.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales and regularly advises clients with cross-border interests.
- Accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as specialist in Trust Law.
- Former Chairman of the Scottish Branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
- Ranked by Chambers & Partners High Net Worth as a Band 1 Leading Individual for Private Wealth Law.
- Ranked by Legal 500 UK as a Tier 1 Leading Individual for Contentious Trusts and Probate and for Personal Tax, Trusts and Executries
"Mark is on the ball, personable and an expert in the field."Chambers High Net Worth Guide 2023, Private Wealth Law
"Mark Stewart is technically excellent but still accessible to clients and good at explaining the finer points without being too bogged down in detail."Legal 500 UK 2023