Neal is a Partner in the Banking & Finance team at Brodies. He takes pride in developing strong client relationships and providing clear, commercial advice.
Acting for financial institutions, borrowers and investors, Neal has particular expertise in leveraged finance (especially in the North Sea oil and gas supply industry), real estate investment and development finance, shipping/marine finance, general corporate lending and cross-border international financing.
Living Brodies' values
Clients and colleagues alike find Neal extremely approachable and knowledgeable and appreciate his collaborative, commercially astute approach.
- Draws on experience gained whilst on secondment to a major UK financial institution.
- Member of the social committee, connecting colleagues across the firm.
- Undertaken the Project Scotland training to mentor, aiming to share experiences, skills and networks with young people.
- Ranked by Legal 500 UK 2021 as a Next Generation Partner.
- Ranked for Banking & Finance by Chambers and Partners 2021.
Neal Richardson is always quick to offer help and is proactive in sharing market information and changes in law to help shape strategy.Legal 500 2024
He's efficient and works within timescales.Chambers UK 2024
Neal Richardson and the team have provided excellent service across a number of deals.Legal 500 UK 2023
He handles all sorts of matters at short notice and shows excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.Chambers UK 2023