Tony is the head of our employment and immigration team. He is an experienced lawyer who provides straightforward, practical advice. He has spent time on secondment working with some of the UK's largest organisations in both HR and legal roles.
Tony has appeared in courts and tribunals across the UK and enjoys resolving employment related disputes. His experience in dealing with transformational change projects means that he also regularly helps organisations plan and implement major people-related projects. He also acts as the lead TUPE / ARD adviser for multiple household businesses, assisting them in negotiating and agreeing contracts and managing people related risk. Tony has also assisted senior executives from around the world negotiate severance packages and new service agreements.
Living Brodies' values
Tony is a collaborative lawyer who enjoys working with clients, HR professionals and other lawyers to create solutions to the issues they face.
- Led the Brodies team dealing with a restructure that followed the purchase of two UK software businesses by a US listed business.
- Is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in employment law and sits on the accreditation panel.
- A member of the firm's Operational Board, which is responsible for the overall management of the firm.
- Ranked as a Hall of Fame lawyer in tier 1 for Employment by Legal 500 UK 2024.
- Ranked Band 1 for Employment - Scotland by Chambers UK 2024.
- Recognised as a Recommended Individual for Immigration by Legal 500 UK 2023.
Tony Hadden: Highly experienced, commercial, understands our business and risk appetites. Feels like part of the team, not an external adviser – a rare thing.Legal 500 UK 2024
"Tony Hadden is an exemplary lawyer, bright articulate and human. Able to hone in on legal issues within minutes and retains an encyclopaedic volume of technical know how that he is able to distill into sensible advice."Legal 500 UK 2023
“Tony is a first-rate lawyer. He can be relied upon in any situation to provide pragmatic commercial and rational advice whilst maintaining a sense of humour and perspective.”Chambers UK 2023
“More than a lawyer, Tony is an excellent business partner.”Chambers UK 2023