Our set is led by Tony Jones KC. All of our counsel (solicitor advocates) have higher rights of audience in UK courts. We are dedicated to representing our clients at all levels and in all forms of dispute resolution, including the highest courts, inquiries, adjudications, arbitrations, mediations and tribunals. We are also available for advice and opinion work.
We stand separate from and are not part of the Scottish Bar, although we can and do work with members of the Scottish and English bars. We empower our clients with the ability to choose how they are best represented.
We aim to attract and retain the best legal minds allowing them to conduct advocacy while specialising in their chosen fields.
We believe that the clients of Brodies should have direct access to the best lawyers for the job wherever they are and whenever they need them.
Client care is what drives us. Robust advice and plain talking are what we aim to deliver. We take the time to understand the strategic aims and objectives of our clients and apply our deep expert knowledge and understanding of the specialist area we are called upon to advise upon.
Christine agreed to take on one of our interventions at very short notice and at a late stage in proceedings. She quickly got to grips with the issues and identified a focused approach. Her oral advocacy was clear and effectiveLynn Welsh, Head of Legal, EHRC Scotland
We accept instructions from clients, and directly from other legal firms and professional advisors. We are committed to providing a quality, expert, flexible and efficient service at all times.
To discuss how we can represent you or your client email or call us today.
What do I do if...?
In this series of our 'What do I do if..?' podcasts Brodies' team of solicitor advocates, discuss some of the common questions they have been asked about their work in trials and proofs.Find out more
Advocacy by Brodies key highlights
- Christine O’Neill KC, is First Standing Junior to the Scottish Government and rated by Chambers UK as a Star Individual in administrative and public law, as well as being ranked Band 1 for parliamentary and public affairs. Christine was appointed as Queen's Counsel in 2020.
- Christine O'Neill KC and Niall McLean appointed by the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC), to its panel of counsel in Scotland.
- Christine O'Neill KC is ranked as a Star Individual in administrative and public law by Chambers UK.
- Brodies establishes its own set of solicitor advocates called Advocacy by Brodies.
- Tony Jones KC joins Brodies.