Our health and safety experts are the lawyers of choice for organisations and individuals across the UK. We understand the impact that health and safety incidents can have on your workplace or organisation. Our experts provide support throughout the process from incident response and regulatory investigation through to enforcement action and/or prosecution.
Our expertise allows us to provide a tailored our approach to best support your organisation. Where permitted, we work to ensure, your business activity can continue with minimal interruption whilst an incident investigation is conducted.
Our services include;
- conducting internal investigations following an incident or accident in the workplace,
- managing police, HSE and other regulatory investigations,
- providing advice in relation to enforcement action including Improvement and Prohibition Notices,
- engaging with the prosecutor – the Crown Office & Procurator Fiscal Service,
- representation in the event of enforcement action including criminal prosecutions and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
We also support organisations develop and upgrade their regulatory compliance materials including developing risk assessments, producing compliance policies and delivering training across the organisation.
The Brodies team always provides high quality advice which enables us to set a litigation strategy for each case. They are always efficient and pleasant to deal with and have taken time to understand and engage with our business which enables them to deliver a first class service.Large national transport organisation
Health & Safety key highlights
- Clare Bone is a former prosecutor and is a Criminal Solicitor Advocate.
- We assist organisations across the UK.
- We have excellent working relationships with sector experts at HSE and with the health and safety investigation unit at the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service.
- We regularly advise clients in relation to high profile prosecutions and Fatal Accident Inquiries.
- We provide tailored compliance programmes to manage the risk of health & safety investigations.
- Brodies has the highest number of directory ranked individuals, in this specialised field, in Scotland.
The group are very knowledgeable and take the time to fully understand the situation and get a full, clear understanding of the sequence of events.Chambers UK 2024
Brodies is always on hand to take calls, answer queries and assist with anything that is needed, and conversely they are always strong in dialogue.Legal 500 UK 2024
The team is responsive, hands-on and provides well considered practical advice.Legal 500 UK 2024
Their strength and depth of knowledge and experience is second to none.Legal 500 UK 2024
Rural Business: Health & Safety, Risk and Regulation
Our specialist lawyers share Enlightened Thinking and pragmatic advice on issues from occupier's liability to regulatory compliance, health and safety advice and criminal investigations.Find out more