Our banking lawyers help firms navigate the regulatory environment in which they operate and advise on the compliance of their activities and products. We work in synergy with our clients to deliver regulatorily robust and commercially sound solutions on a wide variety of retail banking & regulated finance matters ranging from new product development, consumer credit and mortgages, to account terms and conditions and regulatory compliance.
Our banking lawyers' specialisms and wealth of in-house experience mean we understand our financial services clients' business drivers and priorities.
We are experienced in acquisition and warehousing/securitisation transactions where regulated loans, mortgages and other banking products are involved. We have played a significant role in helping clients in respect of regulatory due diligence for acquisition activity and regulated product financing arrangements. These include bank and regulated loan portfolio acquisitions as well as structured financings of portfolios from warehousings to full securitisation and Bank of England liquidity facilities.
Brodies could easily grasp, understand and adapt to complex changes in deal structure and challenging negotiations.Chambers UK 2024
We are part of a wider financial services group that brings together specialist lawyers from across the firm with expertise and experience in all areas of the financial services sector, including: Banking, Funds & Investment Management, Commercial Services, Retail Banking & Regulated Finance, Corporate Crime and Investigations, Regulatory, and Financial Services Litigation.
We know how to work as part of a wider client team. We work with clients' in-house experts and external multi-disciplinary teams on a daily basis and our lawyers are able to draw on their own significant experience from working in-house.
Retail Banking & Regulated Finance key highlights
- Reviews of CCA and MCOB loans in connection with acquisitions of FCA-regulated businesses and portfolios of regulated products.
- Advising on mortgage product development projects, including regulatory MCOB/MCD advice on documentation and customer journey processes.
- Advising UK banks on the implementation of the Consumer Credit Directive.
- Performing compliance case reviews including vulnerable customers and treating customers fairly advice.
- Credit union loan documentation.
- Bank of England Sterling Monetary Fund advice.
- We authored a chapter which was included in The International Comparative Legal Guide to Securitisation 2023.
Strong cross-functional teams of experts to deliver on complex transactions. They are knowledgeable, balance risks and commercial requirements, responsive and adaptable to emerging issues.Legal 500 UK 2024
Brodie’s banking and finance team are able to hit the ground running and coordinate the various multi-jurisdictional issues required to complete a transaction.Legal 500 UK 2024
Brodies has a good understanding of our business and our often unusual and complex legal requirements. They have a good breadth and depth of knowledge and experience in relevant areas for us.Chambers UK 2024