International Arbitration has become increasingly in demand by clients across a range of sectors including, construction, oil & gas, renewables, food & drink and shipping.
Our International Arbitration lawyers have experience conducting arbitrations following the rules of the major international arbitral institutions, including; International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC), Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the Scottish Arbitration Centre (SAC).
With its key characteristics of enforceability of awards; quality assured determinations: avoiding litigation in unpredictable jurisdictions; bespoke rules and choice of arbitrators; confidentially of all arbitral proceedings and cost recovery, International Arbitration compliments our wider Alternative Dispute Resolution offering.
Clients praise 'the degree to which Partners in the practice are fully involved and knowledgeable of all aspects of the instruction on a day-to-day basis'.Chambers UK 2019
International Arbitration key highlights
- We have experience of specialist industry institutions such as the British Franchise Association (BFA) and the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA).
- We have successfully represented an energy company in a high value and complicated multi-jurisdictional dispute involving arbitration in the middle east and related litigation in the U.S.A.
- We have a significant track record of successfully representing both claimants and respondents in the LCIA and the ICC.
- Ken MacDonald, Iain Rutherford and others collaborate with Thomson Reuters to produce arbitration guide for Scotland.
- Brodies become a corporate member of The Oil and Gas Arbitration Club.